Week of 3/30

This week I made some adjustments to the health bar, including where it actually is on the screen. I noticed when playing through the level that a long health bar on the bottom really got in the way of the player's view. For this reason I moved it to the top, which is probably a more traditional choice anyway. You can see this adjustment here:
The other major adjustment I made was moving all of the health-related code into a new script called PlayerHealth. I felt that this was needed because there was quite a bit of code in the PlayerController dedicated just to health. The PlayerHealth script makes it easy to adjust the player's health with one line of code, because it will then take care of updating the player's light output and the health bar's length. I feel that this helps to keep the code clean and easy to read.

Comments